Press Release Archive
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the latest 2010 IT HIRE Intelligence Survey by Technisource (conducted by Monster.com®), while overall confidence in the economy has declined compared to the previous report, the vast majority of HR managers and recruiters responsible for recruiting technology staff are now planning to hire more IT workers. In addition, they also have a strong sense of confidence that their specific company's performance will continue to improve in the next six months.
Among the key findings:
- Eighty-two percent of respondents are very and somewhat confident that their company's performance will improve in the next six months — an increase of six percentage points since the June 2010 report.
- Eighty-six percent of respondents that plan to hire over the next six months will hire IT professionals, increasing eight percentage points from the previous survey.
- Twenty-nine percent of technology hiring will consist of new openings, while only nine percent of hires will be replacement positions.
- Of those respondents that plan on hiring technology oriented positions, the majority will be in applications (71 percent), project management (56 percent), and infrastructure (50 percent).
- Job boards, referrals, and social media remain the top methods for recruiting IT talent, according to IT HR technology managers and recruiters.
- When identifying the ideal IT candidate for a position, type of work experience (93 percent) comes in first place in order of importance – followed by years of experience (71 percent) and personality/culture fit (65 percent).
"Economic conditions that led to hiring freezes, technology cuts and migration delays across the last 18 months are now starting to reverse and companies are beginning to increase spending to remain competitive or regain a lost competitive advantage," said Michael Winwood, president of Technisource. "The most important factor in doing this still and will always remain a company's internal staff. While it is difficult to make any definitive forecasts from a single survey, the data in this report seems to suggest that we can anticipate increased technology hiring and perceived strength in corporations — which bodes well for a strong and much anticipated rebound."
Click here to view the full report & methodology
Technisource, one of the largest technology services providers in North America, delivers a wide range of staffing, management services and technology solutions. With nearly 40 years of experience, Technisource provides services to a broad range of clients to maximize their technology investments. Focused on quality, flexibility and value, the company's service offerings range from IT staffing, deployment and support services to software quality management, strategic projects and outsourcing.
Through its network of more than 56 offices across the U.S. and Canada, Technisource maintains a group of 8,000 experienced consultants and employees that deliver its portfolio of service offerings to Fortune 500 corporations, mid-sized companies and small organizations. Technisource is a subsidiary of SFN Group. For more information, please visit www.technisource.com.
About Monster Worldwide
Monster Worldwide, Inc., parent company of Monster, the premier global online employment solution for more than a decade, strives to inspire people to improve their lives. With a local presence in key markets in North America, Europe, and Asia, Monster works for everyone by connecting employers with quality job seekers at all levels and by providing personalized career advice to consumers globally. Through online media sites and services, Monster delivers vast, highly targeted audiences to advertisers.
Monster Worldwide is a member of the S&P 500 index. To learn more about Monster's industry-leading products and services, visit www.monster.com. More information about Monster Worldwide is available at http://www.about-monster.com.