Press Release Archive
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- SFN Group, Inc. (NYSE: SFN) announced today its latest investments in innovative mobile platforms and capabilities to help job seekers and employed workers further their career and engagement with the various specialty businesses of SFN Group. According to research, more consumers will be accessing the web via mobile than by desktop PC within the next 24 months. In response to this and other powerful mobile trends, SFN Group has unveiled several new strategies to leverage mobile platforms and its advantages in delivering personalized, immediate communications to not only enhance candidate and worker experiences, but also improve communication and operational efficiencies.
"Our mobile strategy is largely governed by the evolving behavior and expectations of workers and candidates, who are seeking mobile tools and technology to not only find relevant job opportunities faster, but also keep up with their favorite entertainment, like our sponsored web series applications," says Roy Krause, president and CEO of SFN Group, Inc. "We have been recognized as a leader in the social media community, and will continue to invest in mobile functionality that delivers positive results for our candidates, workers and our own business objectives to improve operational efficiencies."
SFN Group utilizes an integrated mobile strategy that includes mobile-optimized websites, text alerts, mobile job centers and more. The result is the opportunity for candidates and workers to engage with SFN Group and its family of brands in a multitude of ways, from social media, web, and email to mobile. Recent programs launched include:
- Branded Mobile Websites – www.spherion.com/m/, www.mergisgroup.com/m/, www.todays.com/m/, www.technisource.com/m/
- Text Job Alerts – Job seekers can opt-in to receive text job alerts via the company's job centers for Spherion, Mergis, and Technisource. Today, more than 60,000 candidates have signed up to receive mobile job alerts. As part of this rollout, a text marketing platform has been integrated into SFN's proprietary, web-based software application, Recruiter Workbench. Recruiters can search for candidates, text a group, and send emails to individuals or a group.
- Mobile Job Centers – Accessing information from a mobile device is a big part of daily routine. SFN Group Mobile Job Centers empower workers to manage their job search on the go; access information on job openings, search for offices, get job recommendations, apply for jobs and more. Check out the Job Center overviews linked to below:
- Spherion Mobile Job Center: http://www.spherion.com/corporate/mojobc_intro.jsp
- Mergis Mobile Job Center: http://www.mergisgroup.com/Find_Jobs/mojobc_promo.jsp
- Technisource Mobile Job Center: http://www.technisource.com/Technology_Careers/mojobc_promo.jsp
- Todays Mobile Job Center: http://www.todays.com/mojobc_promo.jsp
- Mobile Applications – Candidates can view SFN Group's award-winning web series, The TempLife – Nearly 19,000 fans have already downloaded the mobile applications to keep up with latest episodes. The applications are available on iPhones, iPods and any smartphone operating on the Android platform.
- Mobile-optimized Career Newsletters – Timely, relevant career and job search content is delivered to consumers on the go through our mobile-optimized versions of The Spherion Job Report and The Mergis Professional Summit.
- Mobile Recruiter Workbench – SFN and its specialty brands are launching a pilot program to enable their recruiters to have operating functionality and access to their applicant tracking system on the go. Recruiters will be able to access their candidate pipeline from their mobile devices 24/7.
"We believe our candidates not only expect us to deliver mobile-enabled services, but content that is tailored to their needs when they need it," continues Krause. "This is just the latest phase in our ongoing social media and mobile utilization efforts to support and help achieve business objectives. In an industry where recruiting the right talent is competitive and timeliness can influence a candidate's success or failure in landing a job, we are confident that we are armed with the most effective mobile technologies and tools to fuel success across the employment spectrum."
About SFN Group, Inc.
SFN Group (NYSE: SFN) is a strategic workforce solutions company that provides professional services and general staffing to help businesses more effectively source, deploy and manage people and the work they do. As an industry pioneer, SFN Group has sourced, screened and placed millions of individuals in temporary, temp-to-hire and full-time jobs for more than 60 years.
With approximately 560 locations in the United States and Canada, SFN delivers strategic workforce solutions that improve business performance. From outsourcing to technology to professional services to staffing, SFN delivers the best combination of people, performance and service to improve the way work gets done. It provides its services to approximately 8,000 customers, from Fortune 500 companies to a wide range of small and mid-size organizations. The company employs more than 170,000 people annually through its network and is one of North America's largest employers. SFN provides its solutions through a family of specialized businesses: Technisource, Tatum, The Mergis Group, Todays Office Professionals, SourceRight Solutions and Spherion Staffing Services.
To learn more, visit www.sfngroup.com.
SOURCE SFN Group, Inc.