Press Release Archive
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., June 8, 2010— More than two-thirds (67 percent) of HR managers or recruiters who have responsibility in recruiting accounting and finance positions are confident the economy will improve in the next six months and are planning to hire in that same time period, according to a new Accounting & Finance HIRE Intelligence Survey conducted by Monster.com®, the leading global online career and recruitment resource and flagship brand of Monster Worldwide, Inc., on behalf of The Mergis Group. In addition, the survey indicated that hiring plans include a combination of new openings and replacement positions.
Among the key findings:
- Sixty-seven percent of accounting and financial HR managers or recruiters are confident the economy will improve in the next six months.
- Nearly eight in ten (79 percent) accounting and finance hiring managers are confident that their company performance will improve in the next six months.
- Seventy-four percent of survey respondents indicated that they are planning to hire in the next six months, with nearly half (49 percent) being within the accounting and finance sector.
- Of the hiring taking place, 50 percent are a mix of new openings and replacement positions, while one-third (32 percent) are strictly new positions.
- An overwhelming majority (91 percent) of new hiring will be made on a permanent basis, according to survey respondents.
- When asked which techniques they use to recruit accounting and financial services talent, the top methods included: Job boards (74 percent); referrals (68 percent); classified ads online (46 percent) social media (34 percent), recruiting firms (21 percent), and newspaper classified ads (18 percent).
“The Mergis Group Accounting and Finance Hire Intelligence Survey has painted a very optimistic picture, as the majority of accounting and finance HR managers and recruiters are anticipating solid growth in the next six months,” stated Brendan Courtney, president of The Mergis Group. “We are also pleased to see that new hires are expected to be made on a permanent basis within the financial sectors — which bodes well for a continued job market recovery. This sentiment is echoed in the conversations we are having with our clients looking to attract accounting and finance talent for new and replacement positions, alike. Job seekers should be advised that the vast majority of expected hiring will be taking place through job boards and referrals — further evidence that building your network is more important than ever before.”
The Mergis Group Financial Recruiting survey was conducted online within the United States by Monster Worldwide on behalf of The Mergis Group between April 16 and May 14, 2010 among a U.S. sample of 265 HR managers or recruiters who indicated they have specific responsibility to recruit for financially oriented positions for their company or acting as an agent on behalf of another company. All sample surveys and polls, whether or not they use probability sampling, are subject to multiple sources of error which are most often not possible to quantify or estimate, including sampling error, coverage error, error associated with non-response, error associated with question wording and response options, and post-survey weighting and adjustments. Therefore, Monster feels the use of "margin of error" is misleading. All that can be calculated are different possible sampling errors with different probabilities for pure, un-weighted, random samples with 100% response rates. These are only theoretical because no published surveys come close to this ideal. Respondents for this survey were randomly selected from among those who have agreed to receive communication from Monster, so no estimates of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.
About The Mergis Group
The Mergis Group is a leading professional placement firm that specializes in recruiting for positions in finance and accounting, engineering and manufacturing, sales and marketing, legal and human resources. The firm provides recruiting services to Fortune 500 and small and mid-sized companies through its network of 35 offices nationally.
The Mergis Group is a division of SFN Group, Inc. (NYSE:SFN). SFN operates a family of specialty businesses providing strategic workforce solutions in professional services and general staffing. To learn more, please visit www.mergisgroup.com.